Jack Taylor Super Clubman Barn Find - * small update page 14

Re: Jack Taylor Super Clubman Barn Find - * small update page 5

Great to see, this old lists are an interesting read through...

Re: Jack Taylor Super Clubman Barn Find - * small update page 5

A couple of photos from the last couple of weekends rides.
Both local day rides the first in February to celebrate the Super Clubmans birthday which was on the 12th February.
I Really am enjoying riding the Jack Taylor for these unhurried rides, it's such a relaxed riding machine though still quite responsive which makes it a really sweet handling, comfortable bike on these rough uneven back roads. This is with it still being cobbled together with the Dura Ace stuff which will make it all the sweeter once it has it's nice purpose fitted components more suited to it's style of riding.

Jamie

IMG_0539 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0554 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0508 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0584 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0580 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re: Jack Taylor Super Clubman Barn Find - * small update page 6

Great bike and great scenery too!

Yes yes, Scotland is beautiful, the Jack Taylor is handsome, & you take a cracking photo…. :roll:

But this thread is over 2 years old… :shock: Come on Jamie, stop teasing us and crack on with the correct kit re-build already! ;)

It's a slow burn this one :)
It's a testament to my cobbling together skills, but it is cobbled with Dura Ace, Mafac racer and 600 Ultegra :)
It may be going on the backburner for a little while as my touring Mercian gets cobbled together as one of the King Of Mercia is getting painted and may end up selling the other. Most likely it will be the road geometry one getting painted, the green one, as it is such a joy to ride either loaded or not, a bit more of an all rounder. Painting is organised but just need to make up my mind, hopefully have it sorted for the weekend. Lucky to be in such a situation and have these decisions :)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":3g7y9jyb said:
It's a slow burn this one :)
It's a testament to my cobbling together skills, but it is cobbled with Dura Ace, Mafac racer and 600 Ultegra :)
It may be going on the backburner for a little while as my touring Mercian gets cobbled together as one of the King Of Mercia is getting painted and may end up selling the other. Most likely it will be the road geometry one getting painted, the green one, as it is such a joy to ride either loaded or not, a bit more of an all rounder. Painting is organised but just need to make up my mind, hopefully have it sorted for the weekend. Lucky to be in such a situation and have these decisions :)

Jamie

Ok, we let you off... :LOL: . although any hints of what kit you might put on the Jack?

Lovely bike with beautiful backgrounds

New drink bottle?

Yes, Mr Peachy, well spotted. I seen this and thought it was the nicest bottle I have seen for a while, the cool guys at Always Riding had them made. Went to buy it and also was buying a PDW Owl bottle cage for the Big Dummy but the order wouldn't go through, so gave them a ring and they said the bottles are free if buying a cage so just order the cage and it will come with a bottle already in it. The cage was already on clearance so I think I paid about £7.99 for a PDW cage and a bottle, bargain.

DSC_0292 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_0289 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

A ride from Muir of Ord with Brian.
Just thought I would update this with some pics. They all tend to go on the blog these days and forget to update this thread.

DSCN5330 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN5342 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN5351 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN5359 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN5335 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back