Is anyone else having problems with post?Dorsetbikeloving is

hamster":t3u34ws2 said:
I think it's up to us individually to be careful. If you don't like the provenance of the seller, don't buy - no matter how attractive the price.

In return, it is up to us all to use the feedback thread enthusiastically.

I think that burdening the mods with our personal details is a huge burden on volunteers, especially as they then have to take extra measures to protect those details. They will then also come under Data Protection law. I don't think that this is the direction we should go.

If you are really unhappy, then get the seller to post it on ebay with a Buy It Now.

Remember that the costs of Ebay and Paypal commissions are the insurance for protection on a transaction. I think that we should also recognise that and not just regard it as a tax.

Well said.

We've no intention of holding personal details, not an avenue retrobike should be going down. As mentioned previously we have the personal details of some of the previous 'bad traders' and this really hasn't done much.

Best approach is to go into every deal with caution. Check the feedback (which should be better developed and pushed more, I agree). Use regular paypal (rather than gift). Ask for references from elsewhere (ebay, other forums etc). Maybe even arrange collection. If you have very good feedback and are a well established member perhaps ask the item is sent before payment (although that could be another can of worms...). Ultimately be cautious, if it seems wrong perhaps it is.

Please remember how many 'good trades' occur every day on this forum and that 99% of our active users and traders are honest. Further through the action of the community and pro-active approach of the moderators I feel this has one of the safest cycling trading boards on the net.

SF Klein":le44hc1f said:
Is it possible to ban someone from the site by IP address vs. just User Name? Wouldn't want lightning to strike the same place 3 times.

Sadly this user is on a dynamic IP like most. I have been able to match some DBL/MM80 posts by IP though :? . I am however wary about going nuts banning multiple IPs, esp since we've had users blocked in the past becasue they've picked up a banned dynamic IP address previously held by a banned user...

One final point now people's parts are arriving. I think it's best to move on from this and refrain from further personal attacks on MM1980/DBL/AF either via this forum or other means. If for whatever reason further action is taken it won't look good for retrobike - all that will be seen externally is the fact someone was slow posting parts out and in return received a lot of negativity. Unpalatable as it is for all of us (including myself who has spent a lot of time on this) ultimately it could end up with members of the community being seen in the wrong :(

John":18o8oofl said:
One final point now people's parts are arriving. I think it's best to move on from this and refrain from further personal attacks on MM1980/DBL/AF either via this forum or other means. If for whatever reason further action is taken it won't look good for retrobike - all that will be seen externally is the fact someone was slow posting parts out and in return received a lot of negativity. Unpalatable as it is for all of us (including myself who has spent a lot of time on this) ultimately it could end up with members of the community being seen in the wrong :(

a very good point

John":29kvtzd5 said:
One final point now people's parts are arriving. I think it's best to move on from this and refrain from further personal attacks on MM1980/DBL/AF either via this forum or other means. If for whatever reason further action is taken it won't look good for retrobike - all that will be seen externally is the fact someone was slow posting parts out and in return received a lot of negativity.
I don't think that's why there's been all this negativity. The slow arrival of parts hasn't helped and is perhaps the catalyst, but I suspect the real fuel is the thought that this appears to be a person previously banned from here for bad trading.

That and the thing about the charity parts, and what looks like a whole series of "tales" in order to deceive. To me that was more troubling - the invention that went in to it - I wondered why I couldn't find the ebay auction, and now I'm pretty sure I know.

first time round he was just slow sending parts , i dont think anyone was out of pocket .

this time it is different . he made up stories .

Dorsetbikelovind/mazdaman1980/Adam or who ever you are. In a post last time you were banned you said that you'd finish the charity bike or if you couldn't due to lack of time you'd pass it on to another retrobiker to do so.

If you still live in Crawley it's not too far from me in Horsham I'd be happy to take the job on and have the Proflex finished to be sold for charity.

Thank you.

Have had no word from 'Dorsetbikelover' since giving my address details out as requested.

My local police branch advise me to start a case against this 'Mazda/DBL' character.

Before I do that i would like to compile a list of those who have bought from him.

So far I have:

lumos2000 - XT front mech - £20 PP gift -ITEM RECEIVED
BarneyRubble - XT rear mech - £30 PP - ITEM RECEIVED
development_cycle - Forks - ? ? -ITEM RECEIVED/MISSING PARTS
jimjim2012 - v900 frame, p-bone headshock forks, headset, and cannondale stem. Ringle zooka - £152 PP -

I'm copying the thread contents where he has posted and i also have the contact details that he has emailed me directly.

Would be grateful if you could PM me if you have ever dealt with this guy

I've had no email/call etc...from him so i'm giving it another week or so before i send all this information off to my local police branch.

Thanks.
J

Back