Early 90s Kona cap.

Skeeter1

Kona Fan
Hi all you retro Kona nutters!

I have posted similar over a year ago now....so having another shot....
Now I've searched the web and no images at all of these,but did anyone else have the Kona cap ? It was black with the purple and green spiral logo center front of cap??.
Mine was Borrowed back in the summer of 93 by a friend's sister ...only to be never seen again! 😔
If anyone has one then great! (Most probably mine 😂😂)
Even better would like to sell as my bald spot is only getting bigger and my want for one of these caps is even greater.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Ian

I had one BITD but don't know what happened to it. I remember it being quite heavy/woolly and hot in the summer with no mesh venting at the back. I guess you could maybe take an image of the logo and have it printed on a trucker cap from a custom cap/print company online. Obviously wouldn't be legit but would still look cool and actually be cooler for the summer until you find a real one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321_211444_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_211444_Google.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 12
I had one BITD but don't know what happened to it. I remember it being quite heavy/woolly and hot in the summer with no mesh venting at the back. I guess you could maybe take an image of the logo and have it printed on a trucker cap from a custom cap/print company online. Obviously wouldn't be legit but would still look cool and actually be cooler for the summer until you find a real one.
Thank you so much for that image...I'm not the greatest with searching/downloading files etc ha ha .
I had already taken a screenshot of a Kona spiral logo I found online and sent to cap making company,but they couldn't do anything with the logo as not in correct format ha ha 🙈

But yes I totally agree...I do remember the hat being quite heavy but this only reflected it's great quality. I'm just so surprised I've not seen a single one pop up online or on here where someone actually owns one..... certainly must be rocking horse S***

Thanks again @kafer-k for your kind response 🙏🏻

Kind regards

Ian

No worries, I'll keep my eyes peeled for one and let you know (or if mine magically turns up in my loft)! The logo on the original was stitchedon from what I recall (again reflecting the quality) so if you do get one made up worth looking at companies that offer embroidered logos too 😉

No worries, I'll keep my eyes peeled for one and let you know (or if mine magically turns up in my loft)! The logo on the original was stitchedon from what I recall (again reflecting the quality) so if you do get one made up worth looking at companies that offer embroidered logos too 😉
Yes I totally remember it being stitched...I need to stop talking about this cap as it's going to consume my weekend now ha ha
Keep your Gucci and all designer labels...... ALL I WANT is a Kona spiral cap ha ha

Regards

Ian

Everyone needs to stop this, I barely wear caps anymore, and am resisting the overpriced pitcher jugs ive seen .. as no need or use for them.. but I want a cap now.. I wanted a kona thumbs up enamel sign for twenty years asked a few shops to sell me one.. eventually got lucky and got one brand new for sensible money, but I spent good deal of time searching in the meantime. If its meant to be you will see it, and make it yours.

Everyone needs to stop this, I barely wear caps anymore, and am resisting the overpriced pitcher jugs ive seen .. as no need or use for them.. but I want a cap now.. I wanted a kona thumbs up enamel sign for twenty years asked a few shops to sell me one.. eventually got lucky and got one brand new for sensible money, but I spent good deal of time searching in the meantime. If its meant to be you will see it, and make it yours.
Monkey see.... Monkey want!! Ha ha

All I want is to replace what was rightfully mine...and I do believe this would have been still in my possession if it didn't get pinched.
Oh and BTW (just to annoy you...and I'm sorry I can't resist) I bought this only a month ago now in pristine condition..... For £14.60 posted!!! 🤪

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323-132106.png
    Screenshot_20240323-132106.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Back