If you had £1000 what would you buy and what spec........

A custom lugged frame and fork and handlebar from Tom Oswald.

tom29whole.jpg

tom29bars.jpg

If I had that much money to blow, then I think rather than spend it on yet further inflating the eBay prices of retro items, I'd prefer to commission Tom Teesdale to build me a re-creation of the Kona Hot frames he used to build, with super-light tubeset to suit my light weight body.

I'd enjoy being responsible for the creation of something that wouldn't otherwise have existed and I expect he could do with the business. And I'd still call it retro because to me retro is all about the style, not the date of birth (and it wouldn't have disc tabs).

Attachments

• 2005 or so TET 853.jpg
    2005 or so TET 853.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 970
Defiant":2werrtwj said:
titanium cranks
i do not know what bike i should buy next, absolutely no idea,.

how about mine ? £1000 and its yours,ill even deliver it personally :LOL: :LOL:

one-eyed_jim":2y08xbvq said:
I'd say a steel WTB Phoenix, but I couldn't afford to build it with the parts it would deserve.

To be more realistic, I'd probably get a plain mid-90s Kona and build it up retro-modern with a rigid fork and (horrors!) a disk brake on the front. Then I'd get my '92 Stumpjumper powdercoated bubblegum pink or pistachio, and spend the change on whisky.

There speaks a man with real sense :cool: ( put a disc brake on the back as well though....).

I'd do the same, find a nice '96 or'97 Explosif frame, do the caliper mount/hose guides thing and get it powder coated "Platsa Blue".
Then build it with good functional but light kit.
That'll be the budget blown then..... :roll:

Back