If you had £1000 what would you buy and what spec........

Anthony":3jgb7hh1 said:
I'd prefer to commission Tom Teesdale to build me a re-creation of the Kona Hot frames he used to build, with super-light tubeset to suit my light weight body.
And I'd still call it retro because to me retro is all about the style, not the date of birth (and it wouldn't have disc tabs).

Would £1000 be enough to have something like that built, do you suppose?
I've often though along those same lines (but with disc brakes, naturally ;)) - what would you call super-light (sub 3.6lbs?) and what tubesets are there available that would give that weight and still be able to be ridden hard?

However, as I unfortunately usually seem to have more "important" things to do with £1000 than commission a custom frame, I suppose that mid-90's Explosifs are the lightest that I'll get to ride :cry: (not that I'm complaining).

And I totally agree - "retro" is about style, not age..... ;)

I'd buy the stem on this Troy Lee painted M1 (and save up for the rest.... :LOL: )

Attachments

• Alien.jpg
    Alien.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 491
£1000 and I'd be trying to get TinTin40 to part with one of his Trimbles – always loved those bikes, heavy or not.

That or a Kestrel

Mid/late 90's Turner XC ful sus with period Crossmax, Thomson, and full XTR. Not sure which forks, SID or Pace proclass? Thats the bike I wanted then and still do today.

Back