I need Hope...

boxxer":39v2e8iy said:
The kens cable disks are jubilee clipped on.......

The later hopes have bolt holes which should match to ones on the frame.....

My frame doesn't have any bolt holes for disc brakes! Yet...

Re: the wheels . Imo the fact they are Hope disc hubs devalues them compared to the regular Hope hubs, they're only really useful to someone running ancient Hope disc brakes, 'cos no one really wants to take off the spiders and run disc hubs without discs :?

I'd argue the other way, take them off and they look like regular hubs, upgrade to disks and they are fully useful

Remember that the hubs which were not fitted with short or specific axles are the same as normal Ti's....

I've just bought a front in blue, disk compatible for £30 on eBay - got a 121 or 261 rim to build it on and have a £60 - £80 wheel to sell should I wish....

Re:

Ok folks, I may have just won a set of Hope TiGlide disc wheels on eGay :shock: so things are moving along with this new fangled disc idea.

They look to have 5-bolt spiders, but I guess these can be removed and replaced if required.

So what I still need is...

- front + rear mechanical calipers with mounting hardware.

- disc rotors and/or spiders to suit.

Anyone got any of the above they'd like to part with? :)

dyna-ti":3koop7pf said:
Ahem :)
All of the above.

Now why doesn't that surprise me :LOL:

I've dropped you a PM ref the hubs, if you've got anything compatible just let me know.
Also, will some Canti levers be ok for this kind of brake? Any particular kind work better than others? I've got some Dia-Compe SS-5's or SS-7's somewhere...

I think theres something in the timeline thread about the levers :? Not that i believe they were company specced, just what was to hand. Might have been dia comp they used, :? cannot remember what it said.

I wish Hope would drop in here occasionally and give us some archival material.

Maybe even those elusive Big Un diagrams :shock:

Any particular kind work better than others?

4 finger likely :LOL: :LOL: TK is your man for performance, he's a front fitted on the GT.

Re:

Front disc is fitted (well, almost), searching the web I found pics of RC35/RC36 with the caliper mounted like this...

I've also seen a few Rockshox forks with this setup. It doesn't seem ideal to me :? but it'll do for the time being as it definately will not fit on the left hand fork leg as it is.

So now I have this...

Just need to find a band/clamp to hold the thing to the fork leg.

As for the rear, I've seen a similar setup to the front being used....

I'll have to try the front caliper on the rear to see if it fits, it's just another option to having caliper mounts brazed onto the frame.

Re:

For some reason I've not found a good method of mounting the front caliper to the RC-35's, been playing around with spacers but because of the position of the fork dropouts it puts the disc rotor dangerously close to the fork legs where they increase in diameter further up the leg, I'm talking a gnats whisker of clearance at best.
So, did some digging around and found some Shocktech forks that were in pieces in a box, their dropouts are more towards the inside of the fork leg and give ample clearance for the disc rotor :D

Just using a P-clip on the fork leg at the minute, but I have a more substantial clamp that may fit.
I think the Shocktech forks are in pieces because they're missing a couple of elastomers, so will see what I can do about that, maybe the Pace ones might fit (I know Manitou 1 elastomers are the proper replacements). Plus the Shocktech's have a groovy purple fork brace on them :cool:

I also mocked up the rear, I'll go the route of getting some fittings brazed onto the frame, should cause minimal paint damage, and shouldn't cost too much either.

Looking good Jim :cool: , and though shame you cant use the pace, its still a nice set up and utilizes the brakes as was the point of the exercise.
With regards to the clamp, if you think about the forces on it when braking, it would i think want to push the clamp around to the side so maybe a deep clamp, 40mm+ to apply lots of grip without it all concentrating on the one small area, where maybe you feel you shjould need to crank it on tight enough to damage the leg :?
Just a muse :)

The mount on the rear(red bike pic) is radically different to the mount on the front, or rear of this set.

This is it.

Attachments

• pic 2.JPG
    pic 2.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 754
Back