Hope brake fixing help

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I bought a set of hope mini brakes knowing they needed a bolt replacing, well banjo and fitting as it had sheared off.

I was looking in my stash as I thought I had some, and I do, but not sure if they are the correct ones after some online searches.

Brakes have braided hose, and in my search I found that there are 5mm and 5.5mm ones, presumably the latter are for braided hose?

The ones I have are for hope tech callipers, are these the same/will they work on the mono calliper?

Thanks

It's all to do with the diameter of the hose. Early hope hose were the larger size and now it's 5mm. So select the fitting for the hose that you are going to use.

Thanks. It's newer hose, but having looked at the standard Vs braided, the braided is thicker. I thought old hope hose was 6mm, new 5mm, but on CRC for example they sell 5 and 6mm with the latter designated as braided.

It was a nominal 6mm, as you say, I'd just woken up. The diameter is the important bit though, use fittings that suit the hose, I remove the outer plastic coating on braided hoses as the clear cover doesn't grip to well!

Quick compatibility question, will the fixings from a tech x2 calliper fit the mono calliper? I've got a spare one I can pinch the bits from if so.

Back