1999 Kona Chute Hope Disc Conversion Issues

This 10yo thread helps fill the gaps.

I don't remember mono minis coming in fittings other than IS/PM, but there's mention on this thread of a 5mm difference in disk size

Examples attached here.

The silver came with a Hayes 203mm rotor and a Hope Mono Mini / M4 180mm

The black set came with no rotors at all

Attachments

• IMG_6865.jpeg
    IMG_6865.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6864.jpeg
    IMG_6864.jpeg
    444.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6625.jpeg
    IMG_6625.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6624.jpeg
    IMG_6624.jpeg
    395.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6634.jpeg
    IMG_6634.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 2
A Mini caliper & all previous Hope hydraulic calipers are made of 2 halves held together by Allen bolts, the Mono & later caliper are machined from a single piece. The silver caliper is a Mini M4 & the other is Mono M4.

A Mini caliper & all previous Hope hydraulic calipers are made of 2 halves held together by Allen bolts, the Mono & later caliper are machined from a single piece. The silver caliper is a Mini M4 & the other is Mono M4.

Yeah I know that bud. It says that on the calipers 😉

What I was asking is ;
If that list doesn’t apply to my Mono mini’s because they are Mono. And mono seem to run 5mm smaller. Does that mean my Mono M4 should also be 5mm smaller than that list and my M4 should be exactly as the list describes.

Apparently yes the Mono disc sizes i.e. 200/180/160 apply to Mono M4 also, you may get away with that 203mm on the Mono too.

I think there's a limerick that explains it all...

The man with the 99 chute
Found it hard to get to the root
Of his hope mount position -
To make a decision
Seemed very hard to compute.

I think the second verse has the simple explanation of all the numbers but because it's april 1st i can't remember it😉

Back