Have your say! Decide the colour scheme for my Harry Quinn!

Cheesedisease":1jmx0g58 said:
Love your frame...

alecstilleyedye":1jmx0g58 said:
as half man half biscuit did a song called 'lilac harry quinn", lilac…

Not Harry, but a lilac-ish Quinn! Just in case you are considering suddenly going pink!

I didn't restore, but I think you mention in your blog about whether you'd be able to mask your head decal? Mercian said no problem to me to do so, so I imagine most place can do so no problem.

If I was to refurb, I'd have had to as I can't find RJ transfers anywhere. I was even considering drawing and making my own, you can actually by blank waterslide decal paper that is printable!

Beautiful bike! I remember Jack's wife, Edith, very fondly. Lovely woman. Am keeping an eye out for an RJ myself, but I haven't managed to discover whether those brothers made their own frames or not.

Beautiful bike! I remember Jack's wife, Edith, very fondly. Lovely woman. Am keeping an eye out for an RJ myself, but I haven't managed to discover whether those brothers made their own frames or not.

I think I remember you posting in the 'For Sale Forum' looking for an RJ Quinn? Had a nice little history if I recall. Which was good as I've never been able to find out much online about RJ Quinn.

Not even totally sure about the period of my one. Sold it at as an 80s frame, which was just a guess on the part of the seller due to the serial no. I think - WA89JR. I mean to switch the bars and some other bit to get it all retro at some point, if not totally period. Love to get refurb-ed some time as it has a couple dents, but masking all the chrome costs a fair bit!

Not sure where you plan to get yours painted, but I got a good price from Madgetts cycles for my current project. Really friendly and helpful too. Don't have any recommendation of their work, but seems worth trying someone different, see how it goes!

Back