Has everyone got one of these except me?...

Anthony":3pvcjelu said:
Specialized is a much bigger company than Kona and I would guess that far more Stumpjumpers were made and sold than Explosifs, but how many old Stumpjumpers do we now see out on the trail?

I don't think you can go too far wrong with a Stumpjumper or an Explosif and yes, it is definitely surprising that there aren't more steel Stumpjumpers around. I wonder if they actually did sell more than Konas BITD?

Wu-Tangled":3n5yghj5 said:
Steve - what's your lbs then? Baker Street Bikes?

LOL.. I refer to it as my local bike shop as I used to live 500m away from it when I lived in Worthing and still use it, Baker st is actually my LBS physically. Quest Adventure in Broadwater, Worthing is my spiritual LBS.

I don't know them. Do they still exist? I only ever knew The Bike Store when they were in Broadwater, before they went to Worthing.

What's Quest like then?

I dont do Konas , I did try and bought one this year but had to sell , just wasnt me .

I liked them BITD the day until I rode two that belonged to mates and got on with neither.

I've nothing "against" them and think they're aesthetically very pleasing, but it's one of the those brands that seems to elicit a love or hate reaction from many people - Marin are the same. Funny how that happens

Wanted a '92 (? - the purple one!) Lava Dome briefly, but I've never had one & doubt I ever will...

Nope- I've remained Kona-less all these years (been a close thing, mind!)........Mrs LsD, however, has one, albeit late '90s.............wherever ye travel in the world, yer never more than twenty feet from one.

FACT!!

Wu-Tangled":2tnpslg7 said:
I don't know them. Do they still exist? I only ever knew The Bike Store when they were in Broadwater, before they went to Worthing.

What's Quest like then?

They have been open around 3-4 years. The shop is right on the corner opposite Broadwater Common and next to the Fire station.
They are a really helpful bunch in there and the kit is purposeful as they only really sell what they ride themselves. Well worth poping in if you are in the Worthing area, you can see the old Kona shirts then.. They have a ride that leaves from the shop one saturday morning per months.

http://www.questadventure.co.uk/ is the www

Back