Has everyone got one of these except me?...

i own a kona, and drive a ford focus. i like to drink stella artois, and i work in IT.

oh dear.... it's not looking good for me...

i love 'em. and gt's. in fact there's not many reputable makes from bitd that i don't like. had 90's cinder cone, karakoram and borrego and can honestly say i couldn't pick a winner, they were all sweeet (only one with boingys was the latter and that got some taking used to, spesh on uphills..)

but how could anyone not like a lovely steel, rigid, reliable, project 2'd paint splattered cinder cone? carved the roads like nothing else, and climbed like a billygoat! :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

*Stands up*

Err.. Hi, *cough* I'm Steve and I ride a Kona.

*Sits down*

:D

'Common as Konas'... Tut tut. As popular as Konas (?) ;) :LOL:

Cheers
Steve

I love my Explosif, but snob value would have me on something more exotic, but seeing as my Explosif is such an excellent ride I can't complain.
:roll:

I ended up with my Explosif in 1995/6 almost by accident. I needed a bike in a hurry and when I bought it I didn't want to like it, and even planned to replace it as soon as I could. Then I dented it after two weeks which meant I was not able sell and was stuck with it...

This is the first frame in 3 years that I didn't break within a year. It took me 10 years before I finally did break it, and by then it was love so I got it repaired... here's to the next 10 years or more ;)

I love my 90 Explosif and my 94 AA (ok I didn't love it in the Peaks when it wouldn't work but you know what i mean), but i don't lust after any other kona's really... even a Hei Hei has never really drawn much lust from me...

I think they peaked very early 90's IMHO...

Konas are common because lots of people like them. And you see a lot of them being ridden, because people enjoy riding them. Right, so now the next step - make that into a bad thing.

The fact is that this excellent bike sold yesterday for a mere £53
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=019

Specialized is a much bigger company than Kona and I would guess that far more Stumpjumpers were made and sold than Explosifs, but how many old Stumpjumpers do we now see out on the trail?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back