Girvin vector 2 - teach me.

As far as I'm aware the early Vector forks only ever had elastomers but you can get conversion kits for coils or splash out on a Risse Air Shock. The early forks were all 1" but designed to be shimmed to 1 1/8" if needed.

I've seen a lot of the vector 2s with the same coil shock, so I'm assuming it's standard.

So tempted...

Worth mentioning that the fork steerer tubes came in set sizes for head tubes, certainly on the 1 1/8 ones I had. Still regret selling a nos set and a mint set. None in the stable now :(

I've seen a lot of the vector 2s with the same coil shock, so I'm assuming it's standard.

So tempted...
That will be the Girvin ODI Coil Shock. I was never sure if this was an upgrade to the elastomers or ever came as standard (but definitely the one to go for if you want a Vector 2). Once Girvin were bought out by Noleen then Noleen NR1 & NR2 shocks were used exclusively.

Worth mentioning that the fork steerer tubes came in set sizes for head tubes, certainly on the 1 1/8 ones I had. Still regret selling a nos set and a mint set. None in the stable now :(
Yes there is a critical measurement for the shock. If it's too long you can always use spacers but you're stuffed if it's too short

If you fine folks are shopping, I know of a guy who's in North America with 3 complete units that he's selling...
Doubt "shipping included" would cover costs to Europe though.

Back