Girvin vector 2 - teach me.

My_Teenage_Self

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hey All.

As an itch that needs scratching, anything I need to know about these? this would be the model with Alu legs, integrated stem & a coil shock.

Any pitfalls or things I should be aware of?

get the newer model with Ahead.
they are 1" steerer but designed for 1 1/8" headset, you might need adapters.

bearings get worn, but easy to fix.
disc brake's are a scary option, thin legs.

It's a scratch I'd like to itch but can't afford. :)

do you mean these;
na0f8zadq5g61.png

the ones I'm looking at look like this;
119491-e6474b361d7ed19e84fdc8328362eef2.jpg

If they're 1" how do you fit it to 1 & 1/8"?

I do mean the former. I mixed my words, they are both designed for Ahead but one has a seperate stem, obviously.

1" steerer, note the enlarged lower for 1 1.8" cup but nothing for the top.

you'll need an adapter for the top cup and what ever stem you want. (upper piccy has the adapter on it).

As far as I'm aware the early Vector forks only ever had elastomers but you can get conversion kits for coils or splash out on a Risse Air Shock. The early forks were all 1" but designed to be shimmed to 1 1/8" if needed.

As far as I'm aware the early Vector forks only ever had elastomers but you can get conversion kits for coils or splash out on a Risse Air Shock. The early forks were all 1" but designed to be shimmed to 1 1/8" if needed.
I always thought that all of them were 1" steerer it was needed for some reason or other. happy to be wrong though.

I always thought that all of them were 1" steerer it was needed for some reason or other. happy to be wrong though.
The Late Girvins and Noleen Crosslinks are all 1 1/8th. My profex reptile has a 1 1/8th headset but the Girvin is 1" shimmed

Last edited:
The Late Girvins and Noleen Crosslinks are all 1 1/8th. My proflxc repltile has a 1 1/8th headset but the Girvin 2 is 1" shimmed
Thanks, another bit of information to lodge in my over full brain and dislodge something else.

anybody know how to make toast by the way? :)

Latest posts

Back