How do Proflex full suspension bikes ride

From long-gone Magic Cycles site in East London.

Bloody capable bike. And light. I have gone into detail on earlier threads re setting up the suspension with 20-30% sag, which seems mad on a short travel bike, but with the elastomers ramping up, you got the right 'float' with sag, and close tracking to the ground. I never went over the bars since I sized up. I was rated for a small (at 5-7) and went for a medium, since already I was wanting steeper seat tubes and longer top tubes than was fashionable in 1995. This was an amazing bike which did miles and miles on the South Downs. in about 2001 I was churning up Itford Hill, the longest drag on the later section of the SD, and passed three guys on the latest FS Specialized. I was WAAAY ahead of them by the top and paused on the tumulus at the top. One came across and said 'oh....that's really old...I thought because you passed us you were on something good...'. Me '...er well, it was faster than you...'. Lots of huffing from man.

The frame and forks are now in Alpe d"Huez.

Last edited:
I started with Proflex on XC in 1997 with a 656, then moved up to a 757 (in 199:cool: and this lasted on XC all around the Highlands of Scotland (mainly on a around the Cairngorms and East mountains) until 2020. Such a fantastic ride.
Now I've moved on to a next to 'new 857 in original' in 2021 and even better with an original K2 Proflex 4000 in 2022, which had only 700 miles on the clock. I'm still on the XC trails with quality rides with them - and most friends who've tried them would love to find one anything 'new' on a decent 757 / 857 / 957 or a K2 Proflex. Its a pity they stopped making them after 1999.
I'm still searching for a K2 Proflex 5000 in Yellow - as there were next to none ever bought in the UK????

Attachments

• My Proflex Family 2022.jpg
    My Proflex Family 2022.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 11
Back