Steerer Cable hanger - looking for something fancy... options?

markoc

Orange 🍊 Fan
I'm thinking about moving away from V's on my SS to be able to use some Chicken Stix and up the "brit part count" on my Brit build. Would look for some boutique red cantis and (If I can find some) some brit manufactured straddle yokes. Performance will be infinitely worse, but this is about show, not about go (well, stop actually).

Trouble is I'm using an RC31 and it doesn't have a hole for a hanger for the cable run. I'd also need to flip the brake mounts over from each leg so the faced forward rather than backward. I'd need something to replace a stem spacer and allow cable routing.

This is fine, but all the ones I've seen look pretty average. Anyone know of anything boutique, lightweight and (hopefully) anodised red?

Having looked at the bike again, I need something that's about 5mm and can replace a spacer.

Staggered there isn't an abundance of shiny ano ones out there, that said I haven't ventured down the dark black hole that is ali-express yet...

Why not use a rocker?

There's no mounting hole on the RC31's

Will have a look at SJS but would need some fettling to remove the "annoying alignment lumpy bit", and it's not the blingy bit of bike jewellery I have in my minds eye. Possibly nothing a red sharpie wouldn't fix... ;)

A bit dearer but looks better finished, I have a carbon fibre hanger with a flexy pipe but can't find an example on the Web.

Back