Giant XTC and a few others...

Re: Giant XTC & 1998 Kona Lava Dome (then an FSR) & Turner XCE

Been a while since I updated.

Giant XTC: Picked up a set of limited edition Red Racer Marzocchi Corsa Superleggera off the forum. Weighing in at just over 3lbs these should drop 1 1/2lbs off the weight of the XTC. The forks will be getting sent to Windwave for a service before I fit them, so it may be a few weeks yet.

40824x2_11c34e0.jpg

Lava Dome: After picking up a 1997 Cinder Cone I have swapped all the parts from the Lava Dome on to the Cinder Cone. I was trying to sell the Lava Dome frame, but to no avail. So this may get repainted over summer and then rebuild.

The new addition is a 2002 Turner XCE, picked up from the forum. This bike is stunning, I'm really impressed with it. I've changed the gear cables and will give the brakes a bleed and then it'll be out on the trail. I've not owned a bike of this quality before, so I'm in awe of it!

Giant XTC: The Marzocchi Corsa Superleggera's are now with Windwave. Should hopefully have these back in a week or so.

Still in a pickle with the Cinder Cone and the Lava Dome though as to what to do/keep etc.

That turner is v nice EoB

Thanks, I'm really pleased I picked it up. Definitely a credit to Pete the previous owner. I've made a few small changes to the spec since I bought it, but nothing significant.

Giant XTC:
I managed to get out on the Giant for the first time yesterday (since first building it in December...). This was after fitting the Corsa SL forks and a new set of wheels. Windwave did a great job servicing the Corsa's, really pleased I sent them off to them. A quick weigh in revealed that the forks saved me a whopping 646 grams! I've also changed the WTB wheels for a set off a Giant Anthem. The front hub is a Giant branded cartridge bearing on and the rear a DT Swiss 370, both laced to DT Swiss rims. The front wheel knocked 77g off the original and the rear 84g. Not a huge reduction, but aesthetically they're a bit smarter.

BobCatMax":32d8wqsi said:
That turner is v nice EoB
Sweet as a nut that bike, love the single crown Shivers, always a crowdpleaser.

valve bouncer":3hp4jcem said:

Thank you. The forks are actually Maverick SC 32's. Similar to Shivers but a bit lighter and they have a whopping 32mm axle. Lovely forks.

EarlofBarnet":1bwtq3u3 said:
valve bouncer":1bwtq3u3 said:

Thank you. The forks are actually Maverick SC 32's. Similar to Shivers but a bit lighter and they have a whopping 32mm axle. Lovely forks.
I need more carrots!

I love the colour of that Lava Dome.

Think I have matching front derailleur for that rear LX if you need one, it's 28.6 TP right?

Thanks for the comment. The paint is really poor on the Lava Dome and a lot of the touch-up wok that has been done hides the nice light metallic Green o the original colour. I might give you a shout with regards to the front mech, might be nice to have them matching. Pretty sure it is a 28.6 top pull.

Giant XTC:
Some better pictures of the bike as it now stands.

Turner XCE:

Latest posts

Back