• Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I picked this up this morning from Graham(Hydorah(sorry for the early wake up :D ) in Exeter, many thanks mate and ta for the tea ;)
Having got it home i stripped most bits off, need to get a tool for the old style BB.
Gave her a quick wash and T-cut the worst of the big marks off to see what was what.
The paint is quite badly chipped and scratched but i think its the paint job that makes the bike so a respray is not on the cards.
Its a lot smaller than i thought so i'm going to replace the stem with a nice long T-Bone i've got.
The BB is beyond repair so i'll fit a more modern Shimano square taper item.
I'm going to change the seatpost for a black one as the bars and stem are/will be black also.
Only other stuff will be fresh tyres of an amberwall persuasion, new chain and new cables all round.
Even in its slightly tired and dilapidated state it still looks fantastic :D :D
Further cleaning and updates will take place when my polishing arm has recovered a bit :LOL:

Attachments

• seattube.jpg
    seattube.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,605
  • headtube.jpg
    headtube.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,605
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,605
  • cinelli.jpg
    cinelli.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,605

Nope :D :D :LOL:
Should be perfect, my nads just clip the top tube when i stand over her :oops: so with tyres fitted she should be just right :D
Not sure i could have ridden her with the original high rise stem though :shock:

Wow helluva work rate there!

To be honest although the paint is full of knocks and chips it's better than I expected

I think you are right, it'll look cool - Characterful even - Like that paint job needs more character!

I think the special tool for the cup and cone BB is a hammer and a chisel/big screwdriver to drive the lock ring on the adjustable cup, then a big adjustable wrench for the fixed cup - If you are slinging it anyway :LOL:

Those do seem to be the tools that have risen to the top of the toolbox :D
Due to parts availability she may end up with silver post and bars ;)
Tyres will be the only stumbling block as i've only 1 amberwall set at the mo and they are in use :roll: :D

Nice one Leo :LOL: and way to go Hydorah :cool:

Look forward to seeing this progress, we have to get the 2 flouo cinelli's to meet !

Just in case you didn't know the BB is an itailan thread and both cups are r/h thread ! I put in a shimano cartridge, can't remember the model but could find out if you get stuck.

:cool:

Cheers GM ;)
I don't want to, but i might have to go 7 speed with this as i can't track down any 6 speed thumbies :?
Unless anyone has some lying about :D :D

Back