First generation Extralite F1 build

Not really in keeping with the light ethos from extralite :)

Re:

I wouldn't put double crown forks on something as delicate as an Extralight. The frame isn't designed for the extra forces involved.

Re: Re:

B3":4lx5o7ty said:
I wouldn't put double crown forks on something as delicate as an Extralight. The frame isn't designed for the extra forces involved.

I won't be. Either plain old SIDs or Marzocchi Z2.

Re:

you sir are wrong about it - all of my Konas have RS forks (as I'm a 96 Kona nerd) :LOL:

but when it comes to pure performance, you cant beat the Z2 in my 97 Kula. :)

Re:

No real update....other than the rear end has gone off to Extralitle in Italy to have the bushes replaced and shock rebuilt. They insisted only they could replace the bushes...hmmm :roll:
Anyway no shock service kits available.

Never fear something else arrive to distract me. :D

Re: Re:

Gerard":ohbs288o said:
No real update....other than the rear end has gone off to Extralitle in Italy to have the bushes replaced and shock rebuilt. They insisted only they could replace the bushes...hmmm :roll:

Ouch..... :|

Re:

I would go Pace forks, and Pace front wheel.

The NP hubs are too 'tiny' for the frame I think, and with the Pace you'll get matching weave.

Means you can then run a red rear hub, to make a nice match. You can even get red hub caps for the Pace hub, and red braces and end caps for the forks also for the Pace forks... ;)

Maybe you could anodise the rear triangle red too.. !

Back