First generation Extralite F1 build

What colour are your SID’s - on such an elegant looking frame the forks are going to make or break the aesthetics

Wasn’t there a Ritchey wearing SID’s with a canti hanger in last months BOTM ? and that didn’t look out of place as they are not that dissimilar to Judy’s

Re:

If you are about to buy those Amp's for this frame I think the combination with the Nukeproof hubs will look amazing, or is the AMP destined for elsewhere?

Retro Spud":k86g135w said:
What colour are your SID’s - on such an elegant looking frame the forks are going to make or break the aesthetics

Wasn’t there a Ritchey wearing SID’s with a canti hanger in last months BOTM ? and that didn’t look out of place as they are not that dissimilar to Judy’s

Nick the ones I have on the self so to speak are black. I fear they maybe a little boring.

These bad boys turned up yesterday....I wonder how they would look!!! Red might be the right colour. 1999, so last century at least.

48786661641_228707d1cb_o.jpg

Too much?

Re: Re:

yakboy":343tv7q6 said:
If you are about to buy those Amp's for this frame I think the combination with the Nukeproof hubs will look amazing, or is the AMP destined for elsewhere?

You are right they would look the biz.
I do have a lot of AMP stuff and like it, so not necessarily for this...I hadn't really thought about it as I was thinking of a more conventional front end.

The only problem is I think someone has messed with those forks, the top pivot has M5 or M6 bolts where the aluminum hex screws should be. The pivot must have been replaced with a non factory one as the pivots have internal thread for the hex screws. If not done properly could be trouble. Finding the originals is difficult, and it could be the joint has been bored out....who knows. Sadly the chap selling has no history on them.

OMG if you fit those SID’s I’ll have to track you down and break into your garage to remove them

Retro Spud":2cpb4h20 said:
OMG if you fit those SID’s I’ll have to track you down and break into your garage to remove them

So I take it you approve of them Nick :LOL:

I have them....they don't look great with the green....but.....

48794494447_c3e119c522_h.jpg
[/url]

I have also been thinking of Marzocchi. Keep the Italian theme...frame and forks. Red or Yellow.

Their gonna look great when that frame is yellow.... will they get a full refurb?

Peachy!":bzw71ksz said:
Their gonna look great when that frame is yellow.... will they get a full refurb?

I must confess they genuinely do look a lot better than I thought, and the Red will sit better with the yellow - Mc Extralite anyone ?

Back