First generation Extralite F1 build

Re:

Looking really good...I agree totally with you...Raceface orange all the way, repaint the spring and a colour matched bottle cage....Woof :LOL:

Confused for a minute, but just found out you have two threads on this :)

I really like the blue touches against the yellow and the shock and cage look good in it. Maybe red cranks to go with the forks/decals?

mk one":1gx3tvod said:
Confused for a minute, but just found out you have two threads on this :)

You and me both. The other post was about colour and this is supposed to be the build thread. But I get confused too.

Red forks
Orange cranks
yellow frame
green tyres

Got best part of a rainbow going on there.... so I’m the colour order Orange cranks fits a treat

Re:

So patience isn't one of my things.

The wheels I had planned on using won't work, so I need to make some up. i have the rims and XTR 950 rear hub....just not the spokes. Front not sure about as I don't have XTR (might get one though), but have numerous other...White Industries, Hope, Pulstar....

Anyway, I decided to finish it this weekend (last weekend was painting the hall :facepalm: ), so just used some spare wheels from a Y2K Scott.

The spring I painted in orange...needs to go back to blue...no doubt (does not match the cranks). Few things need finishing. Quite a lot of flex in the rear stays with the brakes on, even though they are Avid Arch Rivals...so may need an additional brace
Took it for a 4 mile bomb around the village with as much of a hill to go down as you can find in Suffolk, to shake out/rattle anything and to see if it held together.

Lovely ride. Quick, agile, light (not weighed it yet, but will when wheels are done)....makes my red B4 seem like a 1950s Cadillac!

49956518197_c60da2ff29_b.jpg

Very pleased with it. It was to be my Mayhem ride, but alas it will have to wait another year.

Love it....
ps might have a 950 FH knocking about, I’ll have a look later

Back