Drivetrain component clean and repair service

But if someone uses those clean parts and has an accident, you could be held liable. Happened to someone I knew long time ago. He serviced their bike, cleaned and lubed etc. A little while later the freewheel locked up, sending the rider into a crash, smashing their knee cap against the kerb edge. Accident investigation, revealed the locked up freewheel and the recent service. Court case followed and found the fault lay with the servicing. Thousands with many noughts on the end was the compensation ruling.
Does make you wonder. What sort of person would do this to a mate that had helped them out? I bet they were happy to save the cost over a professional repair. If Ive understood correctly of course.

Reactions: Woz
Does make you wonder. What sort of person would do this to a mate that had helped them out? I bet they were happy to save the cost over a professional repair. If Ive understood correctly of course.
It happens mostly if you claim on accident or incapacity insurance. Also some friendships aren't as deep as you sometimes think they are.

Last edited:
Even if the person who was having the accident is not about to start a judicary process, there can be circumstances, when authorities are obliged to investigate the case, according to the refering laws.

Back