Drivetrain component clean and repair service

Mod-Master

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Hello all, not really sure what to do with my time, so I’ll start this, just a small thread. I’ve recently got really into fixing components and giving them a good clean as that’s my favourite hobby, taking things apart and (not always successfuly😆) putting them back together again. I am thinking of the people who don’t exactly have the time of fixing a component themselves, and don’t want to pay a professional to do it. I’ll say this: I am not a professional, my motto is: righty tighty lefty loosy. I do have the Benifit of good facilities and good tools (and my dad with his undying wisdom🙄)

Well the thing is, what cost? Well, short answer is nothing* I don’t really want to charge for labour as I really enjoy doing these sort of things and consider myself as a person just looking for a good time.

*of course postage and resources😉
Unless you live near darlington

If there are any questions shoot from your hip.

Looking forward to projects.

Thanks for looking🙏👍

Hello all, not really sure what to do with my time, so I’ll start this, just a small thread. I’ve recently got really into fixing components and giving them a good clean as that’s my favourite hobby, taking things apart and (not always successfuly😆) putting them back together again. I am thinking of the people who don’t exactly have the time of fixing a component themselves, and don’t want to pay a professional to do it. I’ll say this: I am not a professional, my motto is: righty tighty lefty loosy. I do have the Benifit of good facilities and good tools (and my dad with his undying wisdom🙄)

Well the thing is, what cost? Well, short answer is nothing* I don’t really want to charge for labour as I really enjoy doing these sort of things and consider myself as a person just looking for a good time.

*of course postage and resources😉
Unless you live near darlington

If there are any questions shoot from your hip.

Looking forward to projects.

Thanks for looking🙏👍
I love your pitch, good on you 👍

For many years now I’ve been fixing up my own stuff and had a friends and family rate for everything else: free, just pay for parts. I’ve rebuilt/restored many bikes over the years.

I love wrenching, I’m good at it too (he said humbly) and it’s a great way to get away from the damn computer I’m cursed to work with every day in my (current) work life 😩

I’ve got a retirement plan, 5.5 years and counting. Wrenching bikes is it (ad in some travel and golf 😌)

Good luck with your endeavour, I’m with ya 👍

There is a place on the high street called bike stop Darlington, they do sort of courses to teach people how to replace an inner tube or something like that (I’ve got my trusty Haynes manual) but they’re not really looking for anyone to help (to my knowledge) and they only do newer bikes I think. However a few minutes down to York on the train and there’s something called recycle York (pun) I got a nice set of xenon callipers from there, and the guys there are quite nice. I’m thinking about sending and enquiry about me just going over and helping out to clean and repair components rather than just replace them. And they had some really nice entry-level retro rides like konas, oranges, and the odd gt. But as I said, I don’t really like charging for my work as I really enjoy doing it and I consider that my pay, but if there had to be a salary, they could just pay me in bike parts😉😆

Might be worth posting pictures of your work and restorations so far?

Before and after pictures etc

There is a place on the high street called bike stop Darlington, they do sort of courses to teach people how to replace an inner tube or something like that (I’ve got my trusty Haynes manual) but they’re not really looking for anyone to help (to my knowledge) and they only do newer bikes I think. However a few minutes down to York on the train and there’s something called recycle York (pun) I got a nice set of xenon callipers from there, and the guys there are quite nice. I’m thinking about sending and enquiry about me just going over and helping out to clean and repair components rather than just replace them. And they had some really nice entry-level retro rides like konas, oranges, and the odd gt. But as I said, I don’t really like charging for my work as I really enjoy doing it and I consider that my pay, but if there had to be a salary, they could just pay me in bike parts😉😆
Probably worth talking to @retrobikeguy , as he used to work there.

Back