Does anyone still use toeclips?

unocogero":fypk0mmp said:
Harryburgundy":fypk0mmp said:
But neither do I wear a bow tie or read 'Chap' magazine.
:LOL:
HB

Hey, I read 'Chap' magazine, It's very informative!

I think I've seen some guys reading that one in Brighton, I'm sure they're all airbrushed. :LOL:

'Chap' magazine is a bit of a piss take really! Features on pipe smoking and how to deal with 'ruffians' etc. It's all very retro in a gentle 1950's kind of way!

lumos2000":ey178i0a said:
ive never used anything else, i love dangerous and old fashioned :D (would love a stright razor but i think they are illegal now!) the shoes for spds look so uncomfortable. i have thought about trying them but cant seem to find the right shoes for me.

Straight razor, I use one daily, well, when I can be bothered, they are not illegal. Owning one for shaving is a good reason to have one, just leave it in your washkit when not using it. A blade for life, I have had mine six years and it only cost 4 quid of fleabay, oh, and it is about 70 odd years old.

Youse, that have the mach 3, multi bladed monsters, you must be mad, why have ten blades when you can have one and you don't have to chuck it in the bin after one use.

never thought of looking on flebay, might get one now. just a bit concerd with small children in the house :shock:

Thinking about it, I'm sure I have a set of the cleats you are supposed to use with clips and straps laying about somewhere. You got to them for the 'full on' experience!

I have only ever used clips, was never sure about SPDs etc and have never tried them, yet! Trick with clips is to set the straps to a size that allows you to get your foot in and out easily. I never tighten them up once my feet are in, guess I just use them as a support to stop slipping of front of pedals and for general reasurance really.

Yes, that's a fair point. Pedals like the ones I'm selling were designed for special cleats that your shoes hooked into before you did up the pedals! :shock:
Ah, wooden shoes with cleats you nail in, now that is retro

lumos2000":35bzbn5k said:
never thought of looking on flebay, might get one now. just a bit concerd with small children in the house :shock:

If you are going to do it, look for one of the restored shave ready blades, unless you know how to clean up and sharpen a razor. That means having access to a range of whet stones that are used for nothing else but sharpening razors or it will be a very steep learning curve.

I recommend these places;

http://badgerandblade.com/

http://www.straightrazorplace.com/

I did'nt have the net when I taught myself to use the thing.

Q; So all of you lot riding loose toe clips are riding platforms with flappy bits that achieve nothing and get in the way?

Sounds a bit odd.

Harden up and ride flat pedals, or pull on ya roady cap and clip in!

Back