Does anyone use a Rohloff 500/14 speed hub on their 26" commuter?

As a German product, I see quite a few commuters on my way to Frankfurt. However, most are people that use their touring bike for commuting purposes, and now that gravel bikes are "cooler" than tourers, I see them a bit less.

For travel, we saw some in South America when we traveled there. Usually German, French or Dutch. Not without its issues (spokes are shorter than the standard, impossible to find spares outside Western countries,...) but quite popular among the long distance touring crowd.

Unfortunately no first hand experience, all my bikes cost less than one hub. Hoping to find some second hand at a decent price to at least give it a try.

I know, the hubs start at 1200,- it's insane. Then again, it is proven tech and it works.
The more video's I watch the more I want one. :LOL:

I know, the hubs start at 1200,- it's insane. Then again, it is proven tech and it works.
The more video's I watch the more I want one. :LOL:
theres a dave yates on ebay with a rohloff, relisted, last sold for £615, grab a bargain

I run one on my thorn raven tour, it's a basic runabout for me as the whole bike was bought at a car boot for £150, it works a treat, low maintenance. the frame runs an eccentric bottom bracket for chain tension though so you'll have to maybe run a chain tensioner on a std frame.

I also have some white porcs

Back