Does anyone know what kind of Falcon this is??

ZG862":a56ta08s said:
On Barney's thread here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=411092, Allen posts an image from a Falcon brochure and he may know where more such surviving artefacts hang out...
Sorry only catalogue I've got but there are others about. Falcon like a few of the bigger makers always built quite a range of the market, so from utter rubbish up to really quite nice indeed. That ones a few years newer and probably a different brand owner than the ones in the catalogue image I have and as the general consensus goes a pretty low end machine.

I'm not sure about that frame but the Falcon bog standard frames from the period of the catalogue I have were generally a bit better than some of the competition but that's not saying too much, basically anything with that much steel on it from around then falls into the same category and there were quite a few of them about that ended up on many a child's Christmas list from that time period, they were sold in bike shops but also places like mail order catalogues, general shops like Argos and even supermarkets.

Its a £20 at a boot fair bike that in reality should really be £10 and that's only if its for spare parts to help build another one.

allenh":1t7nhm4s said:
As the general consensus goes a pretty low end machine .... Its a £20 at a boot fair bike that in reality should really be £10 and that's only if its for spare parts to help build another one.

I thought that might be the case! Thank you, i might see if I can get it cheap and use it as a donor bike for another build

Back