do you ride all your bikes?

yes ride all mine to a greater or lesser extent. Though as you've seen, none of mine are exactly garage queen quality :oops:

all my bikes get ridden but circumstances do come into it.

the retro rebuilds with resprays get less work coz i don't want to mess them up but if i went on a retro ride and it was wet etc i'd still ride it. also the kona, even though it now has almost full m900 xtr is happily still used in the winter.

the road bikes, they are all mint at the mo so it doesn't matter which one i take out, it'll get dirty! but i've found myself using the cougar coz it has a compact chainset which is good for the winter but the condor is now being used more as i'm on a fitness kick. th D2 is sort of between the two so unfortunately gets used less, but it's the best one for the turbo trainer.

oh and the cross bike is good for commuting and hackrides etc

hope that clears it up!! :D

my white fire mountain has only been ridden twice so far. i will ride it but not in filth and not hard. i have modern bikes and retro bikes that mean less to me.

it wasnt built as a garage queen but i really dont want to trash it after all i have spent on it!

Part of the reason I sold the Pace was it was too 'pretty' and I feared damage to the M900 bits more than me when I rode.

XT all the way from now on! :LOL:

Seen both sides ......

Before I was bemused asked the same question ......

But After getting my dream Zaskar spending hours stripping it down polishing etc etc etc .... Took it on a really dog dirty ride then looking at it gutted after ..... I do think twice about conditions etc

:LOL:

mintsaucetalkingaboutbi.jpg

All of my "finished" retro/classic bikes have been ridden.... most of them, a lot.

The Alan Cross bike not so much as it's still not quite "finished".

The De Rosa is on the home trainer at the mo.
The Gios comes out for short rides in the summer when I don't want to look like I am up for "challenges" (though with different wheels and pedals).
The Dave Yates was been ridden into the ground BITD by myself and is now only saved for special occasions or if someone's visiting and has to borrow the Pace.
The Parkpre will be a summer main bike.
The GT Karakoram is still a hack bike.
The Dynatech MT3 is in a sorry state (fatal-looking rust in rear stays and seized seatpost) and won't be ridden in anger again. At the moment it's a "spare parts for the hack bikes" holder, which is why I could justify the Parkpre.
The Wilier Triestina is my wife's main summer bike.
The Rossin is my "short trips to the shops" bike.

I dont think i could have a true garage queen, the temptation to ride it would be too great, the same type of thing exists with classic cars but they are known as trailer queens, i've had classic cars that i was fussy about taking out (i'd check the weather forecast :roll: ), similarly i'd maybe have a bike i'll be fussy about when and where i used it (this may be the San An when it's built) but not one that would never turn a wheel.

Was going to be super fussy with the Manitou FS due to the planed kit and their reputation for being made out of old China tea cups but now i'm planning to build it with medeocre kit and ride the bugger, if it breaks it breaks :twisted:

Back