What are your retro bike plans for 2024.

I've built four 26ers over the last few years. I've only ridden 26ers since my parents bought me a Raleigh Ozark in 1988. I keep getting tempted to buy new gravel bike, saw a lovely one in a Ribble shop in Bristol today, but I do like to sit in my shed tinkering with retro mountain bikes. Problem is, as soon as I finish building a bike I'm searching eBay, gumtree and Facebook again for bargains which I can rebuild, it's like an addiction.
I had GT Tequesta in the 90s which I loved, so I'd love to find an old one and rebuild it.
yup, I've got a voodoo hoodoo here, its not turned a wheel in 7 years, bought it in 2013 when they won bike of the year, but point me at a 531 Raleigh, mtrax 500 or 600, or a dynatech and I'll rip your arm off, for a ride. something about old metal, it just rides better, than any new carbon, alloy or modern bike.... the old designers, just added that extra something

Just though as we are 1/3 of the way through the year, how people are doing on their list?

Ive made a fairly good start.

1. Team marin is almost finished, its on the road, just fine tuning really.

2. I've sold one of the saracens off

3. Only done 1 overnight stay with the bike so far, but the weather is still not on my side.

4. 🤣...well we all need a dream....that 230mm headtube roberts still seems a long way off!

How you guys doing?

Slowly 😵‍💫

I've sold my un-used garage queen which has freed up things mentally 👍

I have re-thought things, the one bike plan may be a little unachievable due to different routes I have.

I'm still obsessed with rear mechs, I go wobbly for LX550 😁

Parts procurement is going well (costing a fortune!) but there are a few elusive bits that I need (See the link in my sig if you can help!)

Also struggling to find time to get the DB down to Mario for a sorting out...This thing called 'work' gets in the way! :rolleyes:

Back