Dawes Edge 1994

Re:

Yes, it's very different . . . quite impressive weight though, considering it's not carbonium. I have a number of steel bikes in the stable but none that I'd be able to liberate.

Ok, thanks, I'll bear that in mind. Although if I had the makings of a Kona like that, I'd probably built it up and ride around on it myself! Kept nearly buying one back in the day, but never did. I suppose the Edge was a Dawes interpretation of the same deal, but in a fillet-brazed Reynolds style.

Yes the stheno rims were very strange, concave walls IIRC. My wife had the same bike at one time and her rims went on for ever - I, however, chewed through mine fairly quickly.

Re:

I want one too. I used to sell them and never bit the bullet back in '95, probably cause I couldn't afford one. There was one on here before chrimbo and just didn't have the funds! Hang on....seems to be an ongoing theme :D

We actually had two at one stage, I bought mine at full whack from the LBS, about 800 IIRC then the wife's a year or so later for half that (small frame leftover). Oh well. . .

Back