Dawes ultra race road bike identification help

Mod-Master

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Hello all, recently bought this Dawes ultra for £90. It’s not great, but the spinney things at the back and front move, so that must be a good sign😜. Someone in its past has changed the rims on it, and the style of them is very annoying me(I have a serious case of bike matching ocd!). The rear brakes don’t match, so if anyones got a pair of saccon rear calliper brakes, drop me a pm… . It is quite light, less than 10kg I think?. I’m just looking if anyone has any information about the original wheels on this, I think this is a 1996 model, even thought some of the kit on it looks like it’s from the early 70s. A small length of interior cable routing from the rear brake cable, the chain on this was absolutely mank( ruined a perfect pair of jogging bottoms😭) But as soon as I got a chain removal tool I gave it a hot bath. Originally had some clip-less pedals which I took of and am trying to sell.
I’m looking for a 1996 catalogue but can only find 1994 the latest on the internet. For some reason the chainring on the cranks is a misshapen sort of oval shape?
If anyone has some info on this bike that would be great👍🙏

Thanks for looking

image.jpg
Sorry about terrible lighting😅

Click on the envelope icon at the top, then click 'Start a new conversation'. According to the forum list page, @raidan73 is logged in at the moment, so perhaps send a request to him. (If you are on a phone and can't see an envelope icon, try turning the phone to landscape orientation and the icon should become visible.)
Screenshot 2022-10-12 20.12.37.png

Also, from a safety aspect, too much of the handlebar stem is sticking out, unless it is made like that. For your sake, please ensure you look at the minimum insertion mark

Back