Dave Lloyd 753

Re:

Slow going on this at the moment, sorry :cry: but now I've sorted the steerer and headset out we should make some speedier progress :)

Bottom bracket and 3ttt stem also now on so the next update we should be almost finished :D

A couple of images to keep the thread going....

Re:

The misses took the kids out this afternoon and work was quiet so took the opportunity to add a few bits to the Lloyd.

Wheels, MA40's with Conti tyres, put an original 753 decal on and the decals for the forks (thanks Tim!), both mechs on and seat post, seat clamp and saddle. All NOS :cool:

Sorry about the pics but its chucking it down so next sunny day I'll take some proper pics.

mmmmmmmmmm. YUM.

You have done what many have talked about doing, many have tried and balls it up, or given up before finishing a similar british build. (one especially comes to mind).

This is Exceptional, in My honest opinion. Not an easy task, and no cheap options. I take my hat off to you, the time the effort the patience the cost of your passion. Its all there.

Its was a show stopper for me nearly 25 years ago, and whats amazing is it still stirs the emotions even now.

If it looks right it is right., and Man you can build a bike.

BOTY.

sinnerman":3dwkbg1k said:
mmmmmmmmmm. YUM.

You have done what many have talked about doing, many have tried and balls it up, or given up before finishing a similar british build. (one especially comes to mind).

This is Exceptional, in My honest opinion. Not an easy task, and no cheap options. I take my hat off to you, the time the effort the patience the cost of your passion. Its all there.

Its was a show stopper for me nearly 25 years ago, and whats amazing is it still stirs the emotions even now.

If it looks right it is right., and Man you can build a bike.

BOTY.
:oops:

Thanks Carl, really appreciate the comments.

I just build the bikes that meant something to me back in the day - like all of us I suppose! The ones I drooled over and the ones that were unattainable at the time.

You definitely need a lot of patience but when you're working with skilled craftsman like the guys at Argos its all worth it in the end. They make sure all the details are correct and that means the world to me.

Hopefully it won't be too log till it's all finished and everybody that has helped this bike come back to life can have immense pride at what they've achieved.

Onwards and upwards :D

Re:

Nice wheels Gio :cool:

Back