Dave Lloyd 753

Re: Re:

xxnick1975":1j6vpkvy said:
more great work, but the rigid forks look so cool anyway
They do but I wanted to try the more racey look with the Pace forks. Always got the rigid forks as back up :)

Re:

cool - good to have options

the inspiration photo bike - any story on that one? looks to have a road stem, rear disk, bulleye cranks, so something or someone quite special?

I love Reynolds frames (I have a couple of 531's and a 653) and 753 is the best of the old skool and very rare, worth saving and it has come out really nicely.

Niall the reason for the 753 rarity is that it had a special heat treatment and builders had to be highly skilled (it could only be low temp silver brazed I think) and authorised by Reynolds to build frames from it so only a few producers every built from it. Obviously the smaller builders who custom built frames and were top quality craftsmen were able to build with it, but of the large producers I can only remember Raleigh having built mountain bikes from it and then they were all SBDU race team bikes and custom built, Peugeot did but they only built road bikes from it to my knowledge and outsourced high end MTB stuff to Roberts.

Carl.

xxnick1975":qf0atnu5 said:
cool - good to have options

the inspiration photo bike - any story on that one? looks to have a road stem, rear disk, bulleye cranks, so something or someone quite special?
All I know is that is from one the brochures (not sure what year) so I guess it was either a launch or show bike for something. The cranks I believe are Ritchey Logic - but I could be wrong!

Attachments

• Dave Lloyd Catalogue-12.jpg
    Dave Lloyd Catalogue-12.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 1,192

Giom6":3oby2qkc said:
Pace RC35's done :)

Full strip, new elastomers, polish, some new parts from Tim (Rocker, bolts, brake clamps) and the all important newly painted crown to match the frame :D

Headset next... :)

Enjoy

Don't forget to turn the fork crown round the right way before fitting. :D

klaw71":32z0jnrt said:
Don't forget to turn the fork crown round the right way before fitting. :D
Yep, don't worry about that. I've got to swap the steerer out now as its too short for either of the headsets so I'll be doing it then :facepalm:

Echo above, lovely paintwork although I can't see you ever wanting to ride it now!

Is 753 a good mountain bike material? I know you don't build bikes around eventualities, but it's not very easy to work with at all if there are any issues? I know from people asking in the road bike section that you cant spread the rear dropouts for an extra 5mm clearance etc on a 753 frame.

Suppose when it's that top end you don't worry about such things.

Anyway, as you were... carry on.

Back