Dave Lloyd 753

I have ;) it was hanging up in Argos when I popped in to check some colour samples about 10 days ago. Truly fantastic piece of work

Out of interest, are the replacement tubes 753?

cce":wkj282cb said:
I have ;) it was hanging up in Argos when I popped in to check some colour samples about 10 days ago. Truly fantastic piece of work

Out of interest, are the replacement tubes 753?

:D

You saw it before I did.

As far as I know they are, thats what was discussed so I trust them...its certainly light enough...

Re:

Finished frame :cool:

I have also had a Pace crown painted (to match the magenta) so hopefully will get them set up later this week and headset on once I've worked out steerer length.

I also need to find a Reynolds 753 decal for the bottom of the seat tube if anybody knows where I can get one...

Pictures courtesy of Argos

Re: Re:

Giom6":3ihyrm88 said:
Right – paint!

I wanted to match the Cats above as closely as I could but because of the lack of any hi-res images of it, along with Argos, we matched the colours and used other references to copy the chevrons, chrome and decals.

The rear stays were chromed first and then the base undercoat of pearl silver. After that the graphite colour was added on the rear stays and the two base colours.

Amazing job!
Given the clock in this pic, plus how many tubes you've had to replace.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUl6PooveJE
:LOL:

Re:

That looks great !

So much work gone into that, must have cost the earth. But what price happiness !
Like the choice of wallpaper too ! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

As a Fellow CATS owner... well done for saving that one. I thought it might be past saving!

Nice...
I love Dave's work. IMHO, he was the best 753 builder we had, shame he doesn't build any more.
The attention to detail is fantastic. So glad you saved her.

Back