Dablk’s 1991 GT Zaskar

Will you be re-polishing, and how?
I need to get on and re-polish my '92, especially as I've pretty much sourced all the parts now.

Last edited:
Will probably give it a run with autosol and see how it comes up. Most of the decals are done. The zaskar ones howvere are pretty good still so the polish debate is do you re sticker or not.

Will probably give it a run with autosol and see how it comes up. Most of the decals are done. The zaskar ones howvere are pretty good still so the polish debate is do you re sticker or not.
Look like a good project.
Got one in similar state.
Mothers polish is good to use,similar to autosol.
The wax blocks are great for any ruffer bits FD41FB88-F816-48FE-A9CD-BE7201EDC690.jpeg

I also have a rough 91 Zaskar so will be following this closely

Thanks folks. Just a shame it’s not bigger. The frame has a lot of marks to be fair. I’m currently thinking I will keep the stickers as is and have been hand polishing with autosol. It’s miles better than it was but really it probably needs a more aggressive approach which would loose the stickers. I think I will leave that choice to the next owner.

I’m going to steal the cranks and cassette for my 93 Marin build. With DX coming the other way.

The wheels are shot. Spokes are totally rusted out. I belive they were hg50 hubs with araya 1.50 rims. I can’t see it being worth trying to save those.

The M092 left side is incomplete, might see if I can find a spare/repair to rebuild it.

Need to workout a bb option for the headset.

Forks currently away getting media blasted. Have been given some pointers for replacement screws for the tracking. Some of the thread didn’t survive getting the snapped screw out. I think there’s enough still In there without going up to 4mm.

Polishing these things is a pain but quite rewarding. I’ve started the hand polish on my ‘92, has quite a lot of stone rash on the underside which I can’t do much about with MAAS, but it’s certainly brightening up - actually highlighting the flaws if anything 🤦‍♂️

Front triangle before and after a first pass;
98B7DAA8-53B0-4FDE-A38A-54CD55DC5CBA.jpeg

96E9A770-07EC-4C33-8C74-C6F4EEDB4C80.jpeg

Back