Dablk’s 1991 GT Zaskar

dablk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well I spotted this on my very local eBay searches (and then a post on here) but ignored it all week as it’s far too small for me. And it sat for pennies for nearly the whole listing mainly due to his lack of posting.

Figured it would be fun even if I just polished the frame. Turns out it was 1.3 miles away. It had a lot of watchers so stuck a bid on with very little expectation.

So then found myself walking down the road to the sellers house with my lid in my bag as he said it’s still rideable. I didn’t think I had got in too deep on the finances so wasn’t going to scrutinise it there and then. Couldn’t see any obvious cracks. So wheeled it to the front, stuck my lid on. Laughed as I realised I had forgotten my Allen keys. Check out the stem insertion 🤦🏻‍♂️.

And off we went with a complaining back tyre, rigid chain and some gears… still it did stop.

IMG_7618.jpeg
IMG_7617.jpeg

It will defo get a new home one day. Haven’t measured it yet but rode it him bow legged like a clown bike.

Not sure how complete the 2x4 dropouts are. If anyone has any good photos of what they should look like.

can't see me coming to collect this one from you. :)
the "notazaskar" you so kindly donated to my addiction turned out alright though. :) the paint is slowly falling off as I accidentally attack it with paint striper. :)

20230510_163011.jpg

Very cool considering where at came from. I would strip it and polish what you can for giggles. I think it was an avalanche as some point when I did the research on it. Although a notaZaskar sticker in the correct font would be funny as.

Very cool considering where at came from. I would strip it and polish what you can for giggles. I think it was an avalanche as some point when I did the research on it. Although a notaZaskar sticker in the correct font would be funny as.
it's getting a G&T head badge and decals along with "average Lance" decals. :) currently being stripped back then I think black and pink paint once I'm happy it's staying in the stable as is.

anyways, off topic, sorry. back to the real deal.

Well she’s prime for a repaint. No issue with off topic. It’s all just bants.

Anyway some may have seen on the other thread that there was an issue with the track screws. Both badly bent. On came out. One snapped.
IMG_7624.jpeg

Both are now out but I need to asses how bad the threads are. Might oversize the screws slightly and cut some new threads.

IMG_7626.jpeg

Last time in its current state.
IMG_7627.jpeg
IMG_7628.jpeg IMG_7629.jpeg IMG_7632.jpeg IMG_7631.jpeg IMG_7630.jpeg

After the issues with the track bolts.

The rest came apart without much of a fight.
IMG_7633.jpeg
IMG_7634.jpeg
IMG_7636.jpeg IMG_7637.jpeg IMG_7638.jpeg
The BB and headset clearly haven’t seen grease in decades. IMG_7635.jpeg

Back