Cycling on Top Gear

I'm a fan of TG ( loved the recent Alfa Romeo review ), love fast cars etc but this piece on cycling really annoyed. The humour was laboured and just not funny IMO. All that BS about chamois cream, trying to make cyclists 'cool people' look very stupid and thus putting us in an even more vulnerable position from aggressive dangerous drivers who see us as sub human, nah worthless pos with no place on the road cos we can't afford a car ! Utter shite it was. Plenty of petrol heads into nice bikes too.

Still a fan of the show. Hammond should have done that piece as he's more enlightened and a cyclist...I think.

im missed it as the girls were watching call the midwife :) just iplayerd it, best bit "geranium". also the last bit has confirmed what I always thought, instead of all the London cyclists doing a mass protest on bikes they should all do a mass protest in cars, it would be total gridlock :)

Perhaps Hammond abstained. As much as his balls would allow I guess. Now if they were only mocking cyclists from some perceived 'backward' nation I am sure he would be in.

highlandsflyer":33fuvlft said:
Really? I think cycling deserves its place on the flagship program about transportation from our public broadcaster.
Except its not about transportation, is it. Coz then thered be serious peices about planes and trains as well, instead of the slightly irreverent, sarcastic humour and loose base around motoring.

You could always save yourself the torment and er, maybe not watch it?
Just a thought

highlandsflyer":37kad4uc said:
Perhaps Hammond abstained. As much as his balls would allow I guess. Now if they were only mocking cyclists from some perceived 'backward' nation I am sure he would be in.

Yet again I'm reminded of the Stewart Lee routine ("ha ha, gypsies!", etc.).

From what I've gleaned of this TG exploit so far, as a genuine, fully paid-up Brompton enthusiast, James May could and should have known a lot better. Clarkson, on the other hand, you pretty much expect to be full of garbage*.

David

*Every week to a deadline in the Sunday Times. ;)

Torment? Hardly the end of the world if I don't share the herd view is it? I don't chose what we 'watch' in this household. I am just here to complain about it. A little like Hammond and May, I just do what I am told.

I simply thought it was hilarious but I'm a TG fan anyway.

No one could really have expected anything less/more from the group than a totally irreverent look at cycling.

Alison

Back