Cycling on Top Gear

Neil":3tce0oi9 said:
David B":3tce0oi9 said:
Likewise, based on telly viewing of recent months I'm getting hints that Stephen Fry seems to be falling prey to this and actually playing up to all that "national treasure" guff bestowed on him....

David
Think I know what you mean, there.

For quite a while, Fry has been quite entertaining on QI - but it seems to have transcended, in recent times - there's a certain something, not always easy to put your finger on it, but it's there, nonetheless, where some seem to manifest this supposed institution.

Probably sounds like heresy to hardline QI addicts, but having been a fan of Radio 4's The Unbelievable Truth (which incorporates similar obscure trivia-based elements) for a while now, I do wonder if QI would be vastly improved by getting David Mitchell to present it....

David

David B":a4vs1in5 said:
Neil":a4vs1in5 said:
David B":a4vs1in5 said:
Likewise, based on telly viewing of recent months I'm getting hints that Stephen Fry seems to be falling prey to this and actually playing up to all that "national treasure" guff bestowed on him....

David
Think I know what you mean, there.

For quite a while, Fry has been quite entertaining on QI - but it seems to have transcended, in recent times - there's a certain something, not always easy to put your finger on it, but it's there, nonetheless, where some seem to manifest this supposed institution.
Probably sounds like heresy to hardline QI addicts, but having been a fan of Radio 4's The Unbelievable Truth (which incorporates similar obscure trivia-based elements) for a while now, I do wonder if QI would be vastly improved by getting David Mitchell to present it....

David
Indeed - I struggle to find anything that Mitchell hasn't been good in.

That book of his was a bit long and wierd, though...

My final thought for now on Top Gear - if it's ambitious stunts, entertainment and a genuine passion for engineering you want, for my money Guy Martin's Speed on Channel 4 the other month beat TG hands-down.

David

WD Pro":1ztoxfjq said:
Can we get distracted from the topic with boobs again ?

WD :D

If you must ;)

9062756720_ed2fca352b.jpg

I've got a copy at home I bought from a charity shop years ago. Good for a chuckle.

David

At the end of the day cyclist are just weirdos, particularly the ones with beards and cameras on their heads, I mean who in the right mind would wear lycra with their gonads busting out all over in public?

Back