CEN test??????

oldscool":35dp5gmk said:
Good point!!!!

Now I need to decide whether to go for white or black :?

Thats a no brainer for me, its gotta be a Barry White, the white frames are bog standard, the white glitter with gold look too similar to the standard but the black ones look a little bit more special :D

cchris2lou":32qgq5n5 said:
I thouh new tests only applies to full bike not frame only .

It would make sense but the CEN test has replaced the old BS one, so a frame would still have to be fit for purpose and tested i would imagine :?

If its anything like any other European safety testing legistaltion it will relate to all components. If you take car mods as an example anything sold off the shelf should now carry a CE mark to be legal.

Easy_Rider":1ux1p2jc said:
cchris2lou":1ux1p2jc said:

It would make sense but the CEN test has replaced the old BS one, so a frame would still have to be fit for purpose and tested i would imagine :?

I am pretty sure they dont . that is why a lot of small frame builders dont offer full build as it is too expensive to put them through the tests .

cchris2lou":xjyzp7yz said:
Easy_Rider":xjyzp7yz said:
cchris2lou":xjyzp7yz said:

I am pretty sure they dont . that is why a lot of small frame builders dont offer full build as it is too expensive to put them through the tests .

Your probably right, well here is proof that they no chuff all about MTB's anyway, page 43 from the CEN European Std. http://www.baltikvairas.lt/filemanager/ ... 766%20.pdf

Barends and risers :shock: :LOL:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 237
Back