Cantis or Vs?

Re: Re:

Kult Friction":2eb5dp0w said:
Bright yellow Magura as a curveball..... Period correct and would be considered an upgrade by many at the time, Plus it's neither a canti nor V so no offending anyone/or perhaps everyone :facepalm: :LOL:
Aside from those who feel if a frame has a canti mount it must be used :)

Re: Re:

ishaw":102473yi said:
Kult Friction":102473yi said:
Bright yellow Magura as a curveball..... Period correct and would be considered an upgrade by many at the time, Plus it's neither a canti nor V so no offending anyone/or perhaps everyone :facepalm: :LOL:
Aside from those who feel if a frame has a canti mount it must be used :)

Indeed Ian, and hey each to their own I say.... Although not a notion I subscribe to myself I must admit as it seems like form over function, which is great for a show piece but for a rider?..... I definitely prefer improved function (read grin factor) over succumbing to some sort of mtb Velominati rules that if the bike has it fitted, you must utilise it (because we all make use of those rear rack mounts right?) Give me a Magura or parallel push v brake with green pads, partnered to a ceramic brake surface any day of the week for all weather consistent braking and without having to do something drastic (borderline unforgiveable) like welding on a disc tab :facepalm: :xmas-wink:

Vs like XT 737 with good pads and Disc in good conditions have plenty of power. But if you run a old school bicycle is because you want old school feelings. So Cantis are a good choice.

My last set of STX have the power of a leaf. They were useless with stock pads. :LOL:

Back