GT RTS Team ‘94 build “dilemma”

Which shifter/lever setup?

• Total voters
I’m trying to keep as period and catalogue correct as possible, but with a “few” bling bits…..so, sticking with the mandatory (it is a team after all 😂) m900 running gear…..however, I’m using Onza HO cantis with some black Onza chill pills 😍…… I’m wanting to use XT thumbies which will prove controversial, but it stems from always wanting run them as a kid…,,the problem is what brake levers should I go for to fit with thumbies and Onza cantis? OR, should I just continue the m900 theme with some STI brifters?

How about a pair of XTR STIs that have had their pods cut off? There’s often a pair or two of those knocking about - but I wouldn’t want to suggest buying a set and hacking the pods off yourself.

M900 shifters look great but shift poorly imho. I ran some xt thumbies on a build with xt m739 gearing and dx cranks, I'd forgotten how good they were, simple and effective. Bitd people couldn't wait to move up to rapid fire shifters, I was one, but now I'd take a thumbie over most shifters up until the m952 era, though the xt m739 were better than m900.

Brake lever wise, chicken stix can add a bit of bling colour wise, m900s are decent but you'd have the cut off shifter on your mind.

Plenty of other canti levers out there.

I still think be all end all are the xc pro thumbshifters. Xt are a big step down.

Ss7 levers wouldn’t be the worst with onza cantis? Chicken stix are too fancy.

Yeah, I’m watching a few…. Some nice ano blue ones which would work well….there are/were also some Paul’s Love Levers on here recently, but out of budget.

Love levers too fancy and modern.

You go down that route then suddenly you want everything cnc with matching colors.
yeah, I hear you there. These are something I had planned, m733 and polished levers, perhaps I’ll stick with that??!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 8
XT 733 levers are the perfect corresponding lever to the 732 thumbies. Some M900's lovingly engineered to remove the STI shifter mount instead of being roughly hacked off would be a nice way of keeping the XTR.

Back