Cantis or Vs?

Re: Re:

al":3hit58cm said:
Balls to cantis, chop the hanger off and run V's.

al. :)

and run 1x11 or go single speed all of those were an upgrade on standard 96 spec

:LOL:

If you’ve only ever used Vbrakes then I think you’ve answered your own question - why have more of the same, go with cantilevers and experience something different

If your after flawless performance then Retro with all its Stone Age tech isn’t going to hit the mark

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":2f69pfei said:
al":2f69pfei said:
Balls to cantis, chop the hanger off and run V's.

al. :)

and run 1x11 or go single speed all of those were an upgrade on standard 96 spec

:LOL:

Built my first Singlespeed in '96, funny that!

al.

Al

Your a pioneer - a free thinker

That’s why I always love your “path less traveled builds”

Retro Spud":1k5ch28q said:
Al

Your a pioneer - a free thinker

That’s why I always love your “path less traveled builds”

I would just like to say, Retro Spud is not a relative, on the payroll, nor am I blackmailing him.

Sorry for the thread hijack.... :)

al.

5159242.jpg

Canti's. Just doesn't look right putting v's on a frame with a canti stop.

Cantis. A well-set-up canti with good pads can easily lock up a front wheel, which for most riding is all the power you'll need. I'm a Ritchey Logic fan myself.

Re:

Bright yellow Magura as a curveball..... Period correct and would be considered an upgrade by many at the time, Plus it's neither a canti nor V so no offending anyone/or perhaps everyone :facepalm: :LOL:

Re:

Or just keep swapping between Vs and cantilevers every few days until you get sick of it. Whatever you're left with at that point will slow and stop your bike. Or how about one of each? Or have a cantilever on the front and a V on the back, because the frame's too small and you're tired of smashing your heels into the cantilevers on every pedal stroke- that's
if they are proper cantilevers that stick out far enough to smash your heels into. If they are those stupid 'low profile' cantilevers that are pretty much Vs anyway except someone hadn't quite got around to putting the cable in the wrong place, you won't smash your heels into them but you know that they are bad cantilevers and bad Vs both at once, and who
wants that? :)

Back