Can you question peoples religion

greenstiles":3d90s1n4 said:
Indeed, but with religion...it's more so.
Not sure why I'm doing this, and I lose my bet... but if you think religion has cornered the market in illogic thoughts, behaviour, or belief, then you are either naive, foolish or unaware - not great traits to have when combined with being vocal.

If you truly explored and discovered all the fundamental reasons for what people believe, think and / or do on many matters, you'd realise there's a whole heap of stuff that from the outside, looks to have no basis in logic.

Point being, there's no point damning (See what I did there? Loses something when I point it out, though, doesn't it...) religious people for their belief(s) being illogical, when there's a whole heap of crazy that people think / believe / say / do that also, at least appears to have, no basis in logic.

i think it wrong to assume all religious people are being controlled.
its safe to say more people without a faith are being controlled than with a faith as such.
as a christian i have a choice and make a choice, just like everyone has a choice.
drugs & alcohol etc have destroyed more families than faith.

but on a positive point as far as i know bikes have never split families apart,
they bring them together, which is what brings us all together on this site.
i love retrobikes which is something i feel we all have in common.
always end on a positive.

Neil.....now now ''then you are either naive, foolish or unaware'' that's a little personel given i was just giving my opinion.

I take your point, if you start to examin all behavior it can seem illogical compared to basic instinct stuff like eating, sleeping, mating.....etc etc

I'll be quite happy if anyone wants to chat with me in person about my Christian faith, so come and ask me about it if we ever meet, if you want to.

Love the picture comparison with the Pope/Emperor above. :)

I have a very strong faith, and I utterly detest religion. Unfortunately, few people seem able to make the distinction.

I would be happy to be questioned about my christianity just dont expect an answer because I dont care about other peoples views on my christianity
Why am I a Christian? Why not. Do I care for evolution and the non religious point of view? No, the same as others dont care for the religious point of view. Am I going to waste time arguing my point of view? Ha no :D

I've got no problem with the god squad..and as long as you discuss with them respectfully ..if they want to ..them there shouldn't be any problems

It's the ones who say I don't agree with it so I am going to be condescending, rude and aggressive to you..that's when it changes from intelligent debate to pure rudeness

Back