Can anybody shed some light on this

SteveKlein

Old School Hero
Hi all. I require a rear led bike light (as per the law when riding at night ;) ) and the choice of lights is massive.

I dont want to spend a huge amount but want a bright light.

Who on here uses a rear light regularly and what makes are recommended.

I quite like the Knog lights but dont know if they are any good.

Suggestions please :D

I have several and I do the same thing every time I need another; I go to my LBS and ask for the brightest flashing rear light they have.

I know my rear flashing lights are effective, as I often get cars passing me who then flash their fog lights at me... "yes mate, you're right, it is fecking bright and annoying. It means you see me, and I stay alive" :twisted:

NeilM":5e7fmdqk said:
I know my rear flashing lights are effective, as I often get cars passing me who then flash their fog lights at me... "yes mate, you're right, it is fecking bright and annoying. It means you see me, and I stay alive" :twisted:

Love it!!!!! :LOL: my thoughts exactly :twisted:

I use the Smart Superflash ones and really like them. I have one 0.5W and one 1W and they are both very bright, batteries last a long time and they've taken a fair bit of abuse and rain without ever failing on me.

I use them for a 5 mile commute every day.

kingoffootball":ykcg7i83 said:
I use the Smart Superflash ones and really like them. I have one 0.5W and one 1W and they are both very bright, batteries last a long time and they've taken a fair bit of abuse and rain without ever failing on me.

I use them for a 5 mile commute every day.

Exactly the kind of info I was after :D

After having loads of different lights over the years, from cheapy to fancy Cateye ones I've just bought a set of Exposure Flash and Flare lights. £75, fully rechargable, my fingernails are heavier and bigger than them, great attachments, and so bright cars can't even come near me.

I don't have a budget when it comes to being seen, I just want the best stuff now. :-/

Back