Broken back

Best wishes for her recovery. Last Summer, I watched my wife go over the handlebars and forward roll on her head after applying the front brake too hard causing a lock-up when riding a classic road bike I had built for her. Cuts and bruises, but the helmet did its job, and luckily no vehicles in sight.

The pub i used to frequent.. there was a couple who would come in on Sunday afternoons and sit in the other side of the bar in the lounge side, the dad would carry his boy who was paralysed from the chest down from their car to the pub.. over the years his dad started to struggle as he grew from a carriable age 8 to a not so carriable age 11.. one of our drinking buddies from the pub lived near this family so i asked them what had happened to their boy and they said he fell off his bike and broke his back.. wow! that's terrible said I.. was he hit by a car or something? I remember going to the Bolehills BMX track at a similar age, taking slams and coming away with nothing more than a broken tooth.. they said "on the contrary, he was on his bike at the end of their drive, but he was stationary, toes on the floor, lost his balance and fell off... what 1000s of kids do on the daily and walk away with nothing more than a grazed elbow.

The pub i used to frequent.. there was a couple who would come in on Sunday afternoons and sit in the other side of the bar in the lounge side, the dad would carry his boy who was paralysed from the chest down from their car to the pub.. over the years his dad started to struggle as he grew from a carriable age 8 to a not so carriable age 11.. one of our drinking buddies from the pub lived near this family so i asked them what had happened to their boy and they said he fell off his bike and broke his back.. wow! that's terrible said I.. was he hit by a car or something? I remember going to the Bolehills BMX track at a similar age, taking slams and coming away with nothing more than a broken tooth.. they said "on the contrary, he was on his bike at the end of their drive, but he was stationary, toes on the floor, lost his balance and fell off... what 1000s of kids do on the daily and walk away with nothing more than a grazed elbow.
What's amazing is she only has a few very tiny grazes. I guess she must have just fallen in a weird way. At least it seems like a good break as far as back goes. Hopefully we will find out more tomorrow.

Back