Getting back into it....

warpedboy2

Retrobike Rider
Hi,

Some of you might remember me from around 10 years ago. I certainly remember some of you guys.

I moved from Brighton to Herefordshire ten years ago now. Got some weird virus almost as soon as I moved here, raced at mayhem completely out of form, and due to the horrendous traffic on the roads here, stopped riding to work, had to learn to drive, then got even more unfit. The bikes got stored.....and I grew a beer gut.

Had the sinister in law and her kids down the other weekend. My wife decided a bike ride in the forest of dean might be a good idea. So we hired some bikes and went for a pootle....and it was like a beast was awakened! How did I not do this for the last ten years?!

Needless to say, the bikes are getting made trail worthy once more (Dekerf and P7 done, rc200 next). I've been buying parts, looking at all your gorgeous bikes....and been riding with my wife out on easy trails twice a week. We're both getting fitter, and we're spending time together out of the house, having a laugh, and enjoying the wildlife in the forest (finally saw a family of boar!)

Its good to be back folks, (I'll be buying your bits soon enough!)

Marcus

Hi Marcus, I remember you when you were down south, I think we last chatted at The Brighton Big Dog just before the move. Hope everything's going well.

Last edited:
Loads of back lanes to grind you into shape.
Acorns become oak trees.
Just had a week there and loved it .
Coming back next year .

All good thanks, Tad. I think the last time I saw you was at Mayhem, the first year it was at Gatcombe?

Im getting out 3 to 5 times a week, getting stronger all the time. I even bought a new (to me) bike, thought s a bit more modern.....

Back