Brake question v brake adapter

Ingola

Retro Guru
Ok you need help here trying to put v brakes on this super cool 243 racing frame little stumped holes are there but no return flange for the spring how do I make this work IMG_20231103_225813641.jpg

Possibly something particular to that make/model. Other than that I don't know. Looks like there are two positions so that different wheel sizes can be used.

If the holes are threaded to take a standard brake boss then you need something like these for the return spring:

https://brake-stuff.de/en/canti-studs/26/3-hole-plates-for-the-brake-return-spring-on-v-brakes

20150815_091648.png

Like above. You can also get single hole spring plates. All held in place by the brake boss.

Ok you know where I can get one of those

If you google cantilever spring plates or similar then you will find plenty, here are some single hole ones after a quick search

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
^ these are the only ones I could find in the UK (apart from some similar Ti ones) but bear in mind that these ones are an odd diameter for bosses (M6), most brake bosses are M8 or M10 thread so will need a larger hole - depends what your frame needs.

Back