Odyssey a brake info and suitable levers?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm the new owner of a set of odyssey a brakes thanks to an RB purchase. I'm itching to get them on a build but don't know much about them so looking for some advice on fitting.

They are the type that don't use the spring mount on frame and fork, I have only just got them and haven't had a close look, but after advice on how to set the tension in the spring.

The brakes have a nylon spacer/washer, assumingly to take up some slack/play while allowing the brake to pivot. I'm missing a couple so looking to source some but not sure what to search for.

I'm also keen on sourcing some levers to match them. Did odyssey do a v brake lever? If so, I've not found much in my limited searching, anyone know a model name? I know there was the paralever, but was this for csntis? Any other cool, black v levers to keep an eye out for if a matching one doesn't exist? I've got a nice set of two ones but would like to consider options.

Any other advice on set up and servicing also appreciated.

Thanks

Is the A brake more of a BMX V brake, rather than MTB? Odyssey do the MX-2 V brake lever but it's a BMX style lever

Odyssey do the MX-2 V brake lever but it's a BMX style lever
indeed, I do have a set of MX2, those are short pull and work in combination with BMX or Cantilever brakes.

Mine had been also a bit of just moderate quality, i had to add some plastic washers to stop them making noise at every bump.
20200508_191007b.jpg

Last edited:
Back