Froggleg brake installation.

To Legrandefromage in particular and anyone else who can help. The springs arrived from France today and I have been trying to install the brakes. Legrandefromage I have set the brakes up as in your picture. Small end of spring in middle hole. My problem is that the brakes seem to be operating exactly the opposite to how my other canty brakes work in that the springs are pushing the pads onto the rim and I have to pull them apart to rotate wheel. This is without any cables being attatched.On my other cantis you apply brake which pulls pads onto rims but once you release the arms open and leave rims. This is the exact opposite. I am doing something wrong but what? Can give my phone number if someone feels a chat would be best. Sorry to bother you all Colin
Yes pics would help, most likely you have them the wrong way round or you have some sort of Frankenstein set.

I do not have facilities to send pics nor do I know how to. Sorry for luddite being but I hate technology . Could someone kindly send me a pic of how brake should look on installation? I may be able to work from there. If I have brakes upside down as it were then are normal but U shape at end is in an upright position so cannot fit straddle cable. Colin

Not arms, just springs on wrong side.

Pictures of correct setup have been posted on page 2 including how the spring should look.

I think Le Grande Fromage's pics tell most of how they should be installed. I did a check on mine. You have the springs on the wrong sides. Put left right and vice versa and you should be ok

Back