Froggleg brake installation.

Thank you The problem seems to be the 3 springs without a bend on long end The 4th has and I can see how to fit same. Thank you for putting yourself out to help much appreciated and to all who have replied Colin

You could always sell me 3 Thanks for the help guess I need to buy 3 springs. Been on Evilbay but no luck. At least I know how it should fit together. Messaged seller on Ebay will see how he fitted them Thanks all Colin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I always had the spring on the upper side of the arms and not in the slot. It is where you find a small nick on alot of these second hand. In one of the pics above hou can see a little polished nick in the arm caused by the spring.

NOS arms do not have any of these signs of use ;)

To Legrandefromage in particular and anyone else who can help. The springs arrived from France today and I have been trying to install the brakes. Legrandefromage I have set the brakes up as in your picture. Small end of spring in middle hole. My problem is that the brakes seem to be operating exactly the opposite to how my other canty brakes work in that the springs are pushing the pads onto the rim and I have to pull them apart to rotate wheel. This is without any cables being attatched.On my other cantis you apply brake which pulls pads onto rims but once you release the arms open and leave rims. This is the exact opposite. I am doing something wrong but what? Can give my phone number if someone feels a chat would be best. Sorry to bother you all Colin

sounds like the springs are on the wrong sides and you need to swap them over, but it can't be that simply.

pictures please Colin, it's far easier to diagnose from a distance with them.

Back