Bought this today...

Re: Prestige

Wold Ranger":1ghynaso said:
One of my LBS bought over a 100 of them a few years back for £25 each, knocked them out for £75- still cheap, they were built up for Specialized, just as Ally became De rigour!

Do you have any idea what year they were made, roughly? would be of help when choosing kit...

Prestige

May have been 99 or 2000 off memory, but don't agree with all this period correctness stuff, as everyone BITD upgraded every time new kit came on the market. Whats it weigh then 4.2 pounds at a guess?

Re: Prestige

Wold Ranger":1yp6r5v1 said:
May have been 99 or 2000 off memory, but don't agree with all this period correctness stuff, as everyone BITD upgraded every time new kit came on the market. Whats it weigh then 4.2 pounds at a guess?

Cool, thanks for that. Still not sure what stuff i'm going to put on it yet but as I said deffo rigid forks... I've not weighed it yet, i'll get it on the scales tomorrow and post up the weight... looking forward to getting stuck into this :)

:LOL: :LOL: Bet your heart gave a leap when he said £35
Snapped up a really good bargain there

And +1 for the rigid fork
Got one in mind?

tiboltrider123":6kbdxm6p said:
Bargin!!!

...is it nearly ready yet? :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: not quite, as I'm out of work at the moment I don't have any ready cash to buy stuff for it... I'm considering selling my DSLR to raise funds to get it started....

dyna-ti":1pjwaalh said:
:LOL: :LOL: Bet your heart gave a leap when he said £35
Snapped up a really good bargain there

And +1 for the rigid fork
Got one in mind?

yeh to be honest i wasn't sure if i'd heard the guy right! :LOL: didn't want to come across too keen so went and had an ice cream and then went back and bought it :LOL: G/f offered little or no resistance which made the whole thing easier too :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

dunno on spec yet, no job at the mo so it'l be done cheap (but good!)... one idea is to buy a complete bike to transplant stuff from as i think it'l be alot cheaper that way... got my eyes on a few things. DSLR going on ebay tomorrow to raise funds :D

Back