Bottle cages for Colnago

@Sir Neil d'Menture

A classic Colnago, one of my favourite makers from that late 80s - mid 90s period with the mix of classic steel frames and just enough new tech to make riding a bit more comfortable e.g. brifters, decent brakes etc.

I've just had a look amongst my pile of parts and have found an Elite Ciussi, alloy with yellow buttons that I probably bought in the very early 90s. IIRC it doesn't quite grip the bottle as tightly as it did when new, I'm not sure if it could be gently squished to give more grip.I won't use it again so you are welcome to have it; pm me with your details if you want it.

Kevin
My word. That's superb. Thank you very much. PM on the way to you.

Looks like you need to tighten the handlebars though.

Looking back through my history, I bought a knock-off Ciussi copy for one of my other bikes a year or so back - it has plain black buttons and the mounting plate is without any engraving but other than that it's visually identical to my real one, cost me a tenner.

Looks like you need to tighten the handlebars though.

Looking back through my history, I bought a knock-off Ciussi copy for one of my other bikes a year or so back - it has plain black buttons and the mounting plate is without any engraving but other than that it's visually identical to my real one, cost me a tenner.
Not sure about the bars. Riding it they seem to be just about right, but that's something that can be adjusted over time.
The main problem is the saddle. The turbo in the picture has been swapped for a Colnago branded one. No worries there - I don't like turbos. But the Colnago won't tighten up fully. Think the rails are a touch undersize. I've had this before and the good old reliable beer can shim sorted me out. Time to go to the offie!
Oh, and the brakes are the wrong way round. An easy job to switch - just cut the outers and rethread the inners. Or I could just live with it!

Last edited:
Back